A level dance is a dynamic qualification which encourages you to develop your theoretical knowledge and understanding through practical exploration. You will be provided with performance and choreographic opportunities which will allow you to develop your critical analysis and appreciation of dance as an art form. You will improve the necessary skills as a performer through challenging your technique and creative intellect whilst engaging in critical enquiry.
You will require a grade 5 in dance GCSE, and grade 6 in English or a humanities subject. A dancing audition will also be required in addition to the general entry requirements.
Choreography and Performance
- Solo performance linked to a specified practitioner within an area of study
- Performance choreography for a duo/trio and quartet
- Group choreography.
- Critical study of Rambert Dance Company
- Exploration of two practitioners and their influence on the art form, reflecting on stylistic features associated with the particular genre
- Study of professional dance companies and their repertoires.
You will be assessed through a both practical and written exams.
Black leotard and footless tights. Reading lists will be provided by your tutor.
Higher education to study dance or a performing arts related subject.