Arm yourself with the skills you need in the future.
Dudley Sixth provides an important springboard between school and Higher Education or the world of work, so we always have our eyes on your future. However, the choices that lie before you can be complex and confusing – that’s where we come in.
We have the expertise to guide you through the whole university admissions process, through both personal advice sessions and by providing the opportunity to attend university open days and Higher Education fairs.
We aim to make sure your next step is the right one for you.
There is the option of staying local to go higher with Dudley College of Technology who offer a range of HNCs, HNDs and Foundation degree including:
- Animal Management
- Art & Design
- Building Information Modelling
- Computer Games
- Creative Digital Media
- Electrical & Electronics
- Fashion & Textiles
- Hospitality Management
- Music & Audio Production
- Nursing & Care
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Salon Management
- Travel & Tourism.
There is also the option of Higher Apprenticeships after your A levels.
Higher Apprenticeships are available at a range of levels (levels 4-7), from the equivalent of a Foundation degree to a Bachelor’s degree. Apprenticeships are ideal if you are looking to enter the world of work and study for a higher level qualification at the same time.
Dudley College of Technology offers Higher Apprenticeships in:
- Business Administration (level 4)
- Business Management (level 4)
- Construction and Building Services Management (level 4)
- Construction and Building Services Management (level 5)
- Construction Site Supervision (level 4)
- Construction Site Supervision (level 5)
- Electrical - Day release (level 4)
- Electrical - Day release (level 5)
- Electrical Electronic (level 4)
- Electrical Electronic (level 5)
- IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals (level 4)
- Mechanical Engineering (level 4)
- Mechanical Engineering (level 5)
- Leadership and Management for Care (level 5)
- Social Working (level 4).
You will need a level 3 qualification, A levels, advanced level diploma or an NVQ level 3 to start a Higher Apprenticeship.
Dudley Sixth is holding an Open Day on Wednesday 12th June 2019 for school leavers wishing to study A levels at our A level centre on Ednam Road. We will be open from 4 pm to 7 pm for year 11 students, their parents and friends to look around and find out more about the […]