Arm yourself with the skills you need in the future.
Dudley Sixth provides an important springboard between school and Higher Education or the world of work, so we always have our eyes on your future. However, the choices that lie before you can be complex and confusing – that’s where we come in.
We have the expertise to guide you through the whole university admissions process, through both personal advice sessions and by providing the opportunity to attend university open days and Higher Education fairs.
We aim to make sure your next step is the right one for you.
There is the option of staying local to go higher with Dudley College of Technology who offer a range of HNCs, HNDs and Foundation degrees including:
- Animal Management
- Art & Design
- Building Information Modelling
- Computer Games Design
- Computing & Systems Development
- Creative Digital Media
- Early Childhood Studies
- Electrical & Electronics
- Exercise & Wellness Management
- Fashion & Textiles
- Music & Audio Production
- Performing Arts
- Public Services
- Sport & Exercise Science
- Sport Exercise & Wellness Management Degree
- Travel & Tourism.
There is also the option of Higher Apprenticeships after your A levels.
Higher Apprenticeships are available at a range of levels (levels 4-7), from the equivalent of a Foundation degree to a Bachelor’s degree. Apprenticeships are ideal if you are looking to enter the world of work and study for a higher level qualification at the same time.
Dudley College of Technology offers Higher Apprenticeships in:
- Adult Careworker (level 5)
- BEMS Control Engineer (level 4)
- Construction Design and Build Technician (level 4)
- Construction Quantity Surveying Technician (level 4)
- Construction Site Engineering Technician (level 4)
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician - Electrical (level 4)
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician - Mechanical (level 4)
- Healthcare Practitioner (level 5)
- Healthcare Science Associate (level 4)
- Information Manager (level 4)
- Operations /Department Manager (level 5).
To start a Higher Apprenticeship, you will need one of the following Level 3 qualifications: A levels, Advanced Level Diploma or an NVQ level 3.