An in-depth study of a modern language at advanced level, including the major skills of writing, listening, reading and speaking. Other aims:
- To develop awareness of various aspects of the societies where German is spoken
- To develop a high level of communication skills and competence in German
- To extend learners intellectually and develop their general study skills
- To prepare learners for the use of German in work, further study or leisure.
You will require a grade 6 in German, in addition to the general entry requirements.
Spoken expression, response, understanding and written response in German and research:
- Youth culture and concerns
- Lifestyle: health and fitness
- The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues and the German speaking world
- Education and employment
- Customs, religions, beliefs and traditions
- National and international events: past, present and future
- Literature and the arts.
- Units 1 – 3: speaking, listening, reading and writing exams
- Unit 4: translation, essay and research work.
To be provided by Dudley Sixth.